As of September 22, 2021, you must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and personal identification to access certain businesses and settings in Ontario. Learn more about how individuals can download their proof of vaccination, and how businesses can download the Verify Ontario app below:
- Download your enhanced vaccine certificate (with an official QR code) if you are an Ontario resident here.
- While the current vaccine receipt without a QR code remains valid and will continue to be accepted, the province is encouraging individuals to download their enhanced vaccine certificate with a QR code as an easier, more secure, and convenient way to have their proof of vaccination verified.
- Ontarians will need to continue to show a piece of identification with their name and date of birth along with their proof of vaccination when visiting select businesses and organizations.
- Those who are unable to download the certificate themselves can contact the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre to have it mailed or emailed to them. The centre can be reached at 1-833-943-3900 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.
- People who do not have an Ontario health card can contact their public health unit to have their identity verified and get a COVID ID, which is a unique number assigned by a public health unit for the purpose of obtaining a copy of a vaccine certificate.
Businesses and organizations:
- Download the free Verify Ontario app from the Apple App and Google Play stores.
- The Verify Ontario app can be used without an internet connection, but like any app, it will need to connect to the internet periodically to keep it up to date. The app never stores personal information and only shows the minimum amount of information necessary to confirm vaccination.
The province has provided this FAQ sheet for any further questions.